Our Firm – Serving the injured
Attorneys, Steven L. Brown and Douglas A. Gessell, both came from larger firms in the Bay Area and Sacramento. They created Brown & Gessell with an eye towards a small, personal and hard-working firm. A firm where you have the partners working directly with you on your case, from the initial interview to final resolution.
- We take great pride in our work and we put our best individual and collective effort into each case. Often firms will impersonally mill cases through in great numbers. In this office, each case is treated with equal importance, effort and attention.
- The firm’s focus is exclusively personal injury litigation. This allows clear focus on your case.
- Both partners have worked their entire careers in the area of personal injury and medical malpractice litigation. This background provides the foundation necessary to thoroughly evaluate and prosecute your case.
- Steven L. Brown has dedicated his career almost exclusively to the field of medical malpractice. His familiarity with the field of medicine is invaluable.
- Douglas A. Gessell is fluent in Spanish and is a consulting attorney for the Mexican Consulate in Sacramento. He is connected closely with the Spanish speaking community throughout the valley, and he provides service through the Mexican Consulate. The office staff also speaks Spanish fluently.
Values and Principles
- We take great pride in ensuring that the firm is based on the values and principles of honesty, hard work and dedication. While others in society might ignore these things, we expect them.